Here are some excuses I've received. Some of them would get "A"s if the course had been Creative Writing.
- "I was haveing problems with my computer. when ever I would try to go to class a screem comes up and says that I can not go."
- "Since my return from the business conference I attended this past weekend, I have reassessed my goals, plans, and dreams and I have committed to catching up and passing this course. I feel awful, emotionally, for falling behind in doing my class and homework. My personal business support associate once told me that I will never succeed in building my business if I do not commit and be loyal to my business. I feel the same way with this course. I will not pass this course if I am not committed and am not loyal to it. That is why I have turbo-charged my efforts and will do everything in my power to complete all of the class and homework assignments on time, if not ahead of time, so that I will not fall behind again. I have realized that using the information I learn from this course in conjunction with building my business has been crucial in the success of my business. At this point in time, I want to thank each and every one of you for your help, guidance, and suggestions thus far; even though we have not completed the course yet. I have found a new meaning and I have more respect for this course and also for myself. I cannot even begin to describe the change I have experienced since the conference I attended this past weekend. I hope that one day each and every one of you; including the instructors, can experience the overwhelming sensation of newfound encouragement and excitement similar to what I feel at this moment in time. I apologize if I have taken up too much space and sound as if I am out of my mind; I just have to express my feelings to all of you and can only hope and pray that one day you all can feel the same way as me. Thank you for taking the time to read this and you can respond to this if you so desire."
- "I apologize for the delay on my projects as I have been dealing with a blood pressure (BP) problem that affects my head, abdomen & both legs so much that since I went for two months without my BP medications (RX) all would swell up & create great pain. Sitting. standing & walking were impossible! All I could do during that time was lay down & rest. Anything else was completely out of the question! I did attempt to study while laying down, but ultimately would fall asleep - even if I didn't plan on it:(I did just recently get my am BP RX & am still working at getting it into my system. I still don't have the pm BP RX, so I still suffer with this problem at night, but not to the same degree. Since I work during the day & study at night I have only been able to do one or the other. It's not what I want, it's what I apparently have to deal with now. I do apologize. I applied to my state for medical assistance & was advised that I had to apply for Social Security Disability. Not really wanting to do that I haven't yet. But, if it means that's how I'm going to be able to get my am & pm BP RX & other medications, I'm probably going to have to apply. I feel like I'm between a rock & a hard place right now not really knowing what to do as I really want to do my studies, but my body (BP) isn't really cooperating with me on this! :( "
- "...just want to tell you god less you and your family."
- I was told in my other class that I had to have 60 words when posting to a substantial post for the post to count. Is that true? I been in class for five weeks, and none of my post be 60 or more words long when reply to some one else's post. Not all the time you have 60 words to say to someone. I do participate and my assignments are done. I am getting very frustrated
- "hello .I know you dont allow late work. But pls can I finish week 6 tomorrow and get done with week 7. I have not been on due to the fact my daughter shut all my ulitiies off. I did call Alvin and I even walked to the library here and couldn't get into outlook express and you cant download anything there. thanks"
- I want to point out that the reason why I have so many errors in my rough draft is because of my time management problem. I hastily did this essay in the attempt to have it posted on time for the class. One big problem I am facing at home is the constant distractions and interruptions I get from family members even after I request time alone to do my work. I am also having difficulties getting off from work when the time comes for me to go home because my work relief either comes in late or something occurs where I have to stay later therefore reducing the time I need to do my school work when I get home.
- I received your corrections, I am in total agreement with your comments. I was going out of town Friday and did not check the paper after the spell check. I should have been more thorough. You had mentioned this was a C+ paper but had potential for an A, if the correction were done. Where you referring to future papers? or were you implying I could make the corrections and turn it in again?